I loved reading the comments on Monday's post. Because so many of you agree that sweatpants are not part of the the ideal look we're going for, that basically inspired this post. (Did I say three giveaways this week? Ok, maybe two this week and one next week.)
My plan was to find some great outfits to share (and I did, and I will) and when I went in search of some wardrobe options I was so dismayed by some of the looks I found that I decided to make a list of some of the fashion trends that make me cringe.
1. Sweatpants with words on the butt. Sweatpants are bad enough but adding words to the tush is even worse.
2. Dresses or skirts way above the knee. She should look great, but the skirt kills it for me.
3. Streaky/chunky highlighted hair.
4. Ripped jeans. A perfectly nice outfit taken down a notch.
5. UGGS. Ok, I get that they are warm and cozy, but she's wearing a tank top, so is she really going for warmth?
I don't want to be all negative, though, so I tried to think of some easy trends that I do love.
2. Skirts (not the short kind). A simple, classic sytle knee-length skirt can be dressed up or dressed down and can instantly make you look pulled together.
3. Fitted button down shirt. On its own or under a sweater, it always makes for a clean look.
via (if anyone knows the actual source, let me know!)
4. Classic, simple jewelry. I'm learning that it really pulls a look together.
What I really want to know, though, are what your fashion pet peeves are, and what are your classic go-to always-look-good favorites?