If we were sitting down having coffee today...
...I would confide in you that I got a late start this morning and had to have a granola bar and tea on the road on the way to preschool. Then I had to run errands again because inevitably I always run out of something about ten minutes after getting home from the store.
...I would tell you that you won't see much of me today or tomorrow because we're having company (possibly twice) and I need to clean up the house. I've been doing pretty well as far as keeping up with things around here, but we always do a "company clean". I'd ask you if you do the same thing?
...I would tell you that now that we're pretty much done with our house (at least for over the winter), we don't know what to do with ourselves. We find ourselves sitting at the kitchen table with our computers or boks before realizing we could go sit and relax on the couches in the living room. I guess that's what happens when you have no couches for almost two years. We apparently don't know how to relax anymore.
...I would share with you that since last week, I got going with that knitting book and I instantly remembered what to do, at least for the basic stitch. We'll see how long I can make this before I have to learn how to bind off. I'd ask you if you knew a trick to keep the stitches from sliding off the end of the needle when you have to take a break?
...I would share these links with you that I love this week:
- A dad's perspective on raising boys (here) is good for a laugh and great advice.
- This dish set would be awesome to mix and match.
- 25 little known facts about Gilmore Girls. Do you happen to be a super fan, too?
- This knitted sock pattern. Oh my, I need to learn how to do this.
- This recipe for vegetable eggs Benedict from Sprouted Kitchen, aka, my new favorite recipe site.